View Single Post
Old April 27, 2019, 09:37 PM   #18
stinkeypete

Aguila,
I like it when the car reviewers on Jalopnik disclose that as car writers they get plane fare, hotel rooms, free food and drink and track time to do a review. Sometimes they get keys to a beat up journalist test vehicle and a note to fill the tank before they turn it over to the next journalist.

Those perques add up, even if the effects are subconscious.

That’s one reason I wrote up my review of my new Bersa Thunder and has given me ideas regarding an idea I had somewhat similar to some rimfire central posts.

“Show me your NRA Slow Fire Pistol Target” was one idea. Simply put 10 shots in to the Slow Fire pistol target at whatever distance your range has... 10m, 50’, 20, 25 or 50 yard. Tell what you paid for the gun and what ammo you are using.
Then we can talk about how accurate it is, how it feels, and does it run.

Another idea was “pizza box shootout”. Take a pizza box, pace off 25 yards and post your group of 10 with a ruler. If you think that’s too far, pace off 7 yards. Give your thoughts.

My thought is that none of us care much about guys at gun stores showing bits of metal and quoting company marketing copy. We want to know if it can shoot, if it’s reliable, if it’s likeable.

My 25 yard targets got backordered. Grrr.

Page generated in 0.02379 seconds with 8 queries