View Single Post
Old December 22, 2018, 12:15 PM   #60
F. Guffey

Quote:
Never really had the 1.630 question answered only double talk .
You should put some effort into answering your own question. I start out with a lot of given; the datum diameter of the 30/06 is .375", the datum diameter of the 308 W is .400" and the datum diameter for the 300 Win Mag is .410".

The 1.630 you are having trouble should be expressed as 1.630", if you can not come up with a datum that is .400" in diameter forget about verifying the gage. That applies when checking magnum cases with a .410" diameter, round hole datum.

Many years ago I suggested the datum was not a line, I suggested it is a circle/round hole and the round hole datum for the 30/06 family of cases was .375". And then I suggested reloaders drill a round hole with a 3/8" diameter drill bit and or use a 3/8" reamer with an undersize hole. Instead they head for the hardware to purchases bushing with 3/8" holes with no clue the radius at the end of the hole defeated the purpose of the datum like Sinclair/Hornady.

Quote:
answered only double talk
RC20 repeats an old quite from 'guess who?' The quote goes something like "reloading is not for everyone".

You are very selective about members that you participate with, I suggest you ask one of them what is the difference between 1.630 and 1.630". I also suggest you ask one of them what the 1.630" represents; because you believe the datum is a joke good luck verifying the gage, case, chamber and die.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries