View Single Post
Old June 21, 2009, 11:42 PM   #43
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not itching to go stand by an IDPA target while someone else is shooting at it (nor do I really want to be the shooter in that scenario) but I can think of some instances where I'd like to experience working under non-traditional range conditions.
There are options for this kind of training that don't involve the same level of risk as live ammunition. Paintball, simunitions and airsoft are all ways that one can get training in "non-traditional range conditions" without going downrange while live ammunition is being fired.
Quote:
The original video was not taken by TR nor authorized by them; they did not even have a copy before it was posted online.
I didn't mean to imply that it was. It does seem that TR had something to do with taking it down. Here's why.

In the comments to the rebuttal video (before the comment feature was disabled by TR/Yeager) a person asked to see the original video--asked why it had been removed. Here's the exact quote:
"I am wondering why the video that has been the subject of this blow up has been removed. I never saw it, so I am obviously curious. You are unapologetically defending your actions, but at the same time you (or someone else) have deleted the evidence. This seems strange to me. Could you repost that video so some of us who were a little behind the 8 ball can see it? I am not trying to be an <edit>, I just want to be clear on what this controversy is about before I make up my mind.... "
Yeager's response was:
"It wasn't my video and was posted without my permission. "
To which another person responded:
"Right but it was a video of one of "your" instructors at one of "your" classes correct? Why remove it if you seem to make so much effort in justifying the actions of your people at your school? "

Yeager did not respond to that comment.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the response (and lack of response) from Yeager seem to imply that TR had something to do with the video being removed and also seems to indicate that they didn't necessarily want it posted in the first place. It seems clear that they also don't want it reposted. But that's not the most telling bit of information.

You will not find those comment nor Yeager's response if you simply look at the text comments. I remembered seeing it but when I went back to find it, it wasn't there. Someone (Yeager?) designated the question and its responses as "Spam" just before Yeager disabled comments for the video. You must specifically click for comments marked as spam to be displayed in order to see the question and Yeager's response that I quoted above.

Page generated in 0.04816 seconds with 8 queries