View Single Post
Old September 6, 2013, 05:34 PM   #56
tahunua001

Quote:
Most sportsman/hunters would rather put a suffering animal down and let it lay for the buzzards rather then let it go on suffering.
talk about muddying the water. I personally think such an act is ethical however, killing an animal without tagging it and without making a reasonable effort to recover the animal is illegal in any state I've ever looked at(not to say that there aren't some that would allow such conduct).

in washington state just over the idaho border there are huge herds of deer. they are almost entirely does and bucks not large enough to legally harvest. they are so overpopulated that disease and starvation are very prevalent. they are not healthy in the least and will probably be eventually wiped out by disease and damaged genetics. after years of washington F&G failing to do anything about it some sportsmen finally took it upon themselves to thin the population by shooting them and leaving them to the carrion. washington F&G then ordered extra river patrols because "people were poaching deer from boats".

I think they were doing the right thing even if it was illegal but illegal activity is still not something that can or should be endorsed.

Page generated in 0.02382 seconds with 8 queries