View Single Post
Old August 30, 2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Mr.Guido

Quote:
I have never removed, tightened or in any other fashion touched the lock plates or screws.
Now would be a great time to start.

Quote:
the hammers will not touch the stock no matter how hard you pull them back by hand.
They will, you just aren't pulling hard enough.

Quote:
I have never noticed either hammer at any position other than resting on the nipple after firing either barrel.
As others have explained, you won't.

Quote:
Both nipples are unaltered / tampered with, factory CVA Musket

nipples that were installed out of the box brand new right in front of me.
Did you by chance also watch those flash cups being installed at the same time?

Quote:
The left trigger (side where the gouge is worse) feels different than the right. It has some creep to it and I can hear something creaking when it's pulled with the hammer cocked or un-cocked.
Let's narrow down the creaking first. Start by removing both locks and then working the trigger without the locks installed, Does it creak? If not, then take the left lock into your hand and cock it to full. Now gently pull it a little further back and hold it there while working the shear bar. Is it creaking yet?

Also while you have the lock in your hand, you can adjust the set screw in the tumbler to eliminate the creep you described.

My uneducated guess from clear across the internet is that the larger flash hole in the musket nipples combined with narrow flash cups are directing all that gas into your hammer cups and causing the symptoms describe in the previous responses.

If you continue shooting it like this you will likely suffer a broken main spring as well possible damage to the shear tip by the set screw in tumbler scraping
over the shear tip.

Page generated in 0.03575 seconds with 8 queries