View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 10:56 AM   #20
Glenn E. Meyer

Going through the downside and doing simulations is to point out that it isn't that easy. We've gotten over the years, many posters who state that they will pull out their gat and take out the bad guy. Then the law will say it is a 'good shoot' and they will get a parade.

One might save a life but contingencies must be studied.

That's why fun things like the NTI were great. They threw you full all kinds of contingencies. I was in a 'jewelry store' drug sale that went bad. I righteously 'shot' the bad guy and then was happily 'shot' in the back by a nice blonde lady - hidden backup. True I whirled and shot her. We then had a school yard debate whether I would have been dead before I could whirl.

With Insights - I recall a drill where the good guy actually got the drop on the bad guy and proceeded to pontificate - Freeze, drop the gun, do a river dance. While talking, the BG just shot him. In another, the robbery started and I was the bad guy. The clerk knocked me down and guess what there was his leg - so I gave him five Code Eagles in his inner thigh. I was still in the fight.

In another store, robbery - I was by the door and when the BG pulled the gun, I just ran out the door and for 100 yards. Why run so far? In another, a good guy ran out the door and stayed outside at the 'ready'. The BG ran out the door and 'shot' him. Distance is your friend.

The basic questions in a store robbery - are you willing to shoot someone over just property? Are you willing to shoot an innocent by mistake - seen that. Are you willing to die and have your family suffer the consequences for someone?

Easy to have the right answer on the Internet and say you will do X,Y or Z.

Page generated in 0.03284 seconds with 8 queries