View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 12:20 AM   #13
kraigwy

There is a little gated community north of Cody WY, well to do neighbor hood, last place on earth you'd have problems:

There is a nice large Mall in Happy Valley OR, (suburb of Portland) Richy type neighborhood. The Mall caters to the upper middle class, not the down trodden. Last place on earth you'd think there would be problems.

In the first case, a couple idiots decided they wanted the fancy car for a get a way to Denver. So three people were killed in a home invasion. Couldn't just take the car, had too kill three people.

In the second case, some idiot decides he needs to create an active shooting situation so he goes through the Clackamas Town Center indiscriminately shooting people. This mall by the way is less then two blocks from the Clackamas County Sheriffs office.

So tell me again there are safe places. Some 82 year old grandma was kidnapped in her drive way in a car jacking and murdered.

When to carry, when its safe???? When is that. At church. Not so for that Church in Colorado Springs a few years ago.

So you ask, when do I carry? Constantly, even at home. Guns in the bedroom are useless when you're setting on the couch watching TV and someone kicks in your door. The bandits in before you can get off the couch.

But not before I can draw my revolver from my pocket.

Keeping a gun available with small kids presents a problem. I keep mine in a gun safe, its gonna take a cutting torch or explosives to get them out.

Except for one. It's in my pocket. My kids are grown but I do have grandkids hanging around. Not worried about them getting into the gun safe, nor am I worried about them picking my pocket.

I live in a relatively safe place, but I know there is no really safe place, (I just listed a couple safe spots, there are more, read the news).

Am I paranoid?? No, I spent 20 years as a cop, I know what's out there, even in "safe locations".

Am I frightened?? No, I have my revolver in my pocket. I practice constantly. I go through a lot of ammo, but I'm retired and I know how to cast bullets and re-load ammo.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03838 seconds with 8 queries