View Single Post
Old February 20, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1
jd3020

Remmington 597 Vs Marlin model 60

Ok guys im planning on purchasing a new rimfire rifle and i have been looking around and i have come to find that i like either the marlin model 60 or the remmington 597. I am used to shooting my dads old winchester model 190 that is a tube fed magizine and i like it for the fact that it can hold 16 rounds before i have to reload and i dont have to deal with loading a clip. This makes it nice when you are out in the wood coon hunting and trying to hold a clip a box of shells and load it all at the same time. So with that i lean towards the marlin but on the other hand for just a few bucks more i can get the nice camo stock on the remmington. My other concern is that on these two guns there are no studs for swivel's for a sling which to me is going to have to be a must because being im out in the woods with it i want to throw it on my should when im walking and its not in use. How hard would it be to add these on to the gun and would it be something i could do or would a gun shop have to do it for me. Othen then that i guess this is where you guys come in and give me the advice that i need for making my decison, The ups and downs to both guns etc... any ways i would like to purchse one this week if possiable.

Page generated in 0.02156 seconds with 8 queries