Thread: kool-aid
View Single Post
Old October 13, 2009, 10:42 PM   #24
Hunley

Gotta agree with Art on this one. Come to the Southeast and the territory (and deer behavior) are quite different. I've talked with people from out West and up North who swear that the deer down here are more timid than anything they've encountered in their home states. Add to this the fact that "long range" shots on deer around here are 100 yards. I've often heard deer no more than 150 feet away and been unable to get a clear shot due to all the dang pine trees and grass. This is brush country. You aren't staking out rolling plains and making 500 yard shots.

Add to this the wildfire of subdivisions we experienced thanks to some bad hurricane seasons (03 and 04 saw many Florida residents and Katrina victims moving to southern GA), and you have issues. This is before you look at the fact that the "greater Atlanta area" now takes up a third of the state. Leases are impossible to find these days. Everyone that has one is holding onto it. Same goes for large tracts of land. This massive urban sprawl doesn't help with deer attitudes.

Page generated in 0.02296 seconds with 8 queries