View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 02:28 PM   #1
verti89

Which sidearm would you bring?

My dad and I are going on our 2nd elk hunt the first week of November in southwest Co. Last year I carried a Ruger semi-auto .45 and my sidearm. This year my choices are between a SA-XD .45c that can hold either 10 or 13 rounds, a SA-XD .40sc that can hold either 9 or 12 rounds, or a .357 revolver 5 rounder. I am ruling out the .40 because I don't think it has enough power. So my question is which of the other 2 would you carry as a defensive sidearm?

As a side note the XD is the black finish and while it is a tool, it is a pretty tool (imho) and I would like to keep it in pretty good condition. If I do go with it I obviously am going to do my best to keep it clean and dry but when hiking up a mountain in snow, things happen. Any ideas how it would affect the gun? The revolver is a stainless finish and revolvers are inherently less prone to weather type issues. But obviously I am going to take the best tool for the job.

And on another side note my dad and I are also beginner reloaders so we are capable of loading specific loads for both guns if that makes any difference. And my dad will be packing the .44 mag also.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries