View Single Post
Old March 28, 2007, 06:57 PM   #29
Rembrandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Eatman
Better to write the publisher, able to say, "As a long-time subscriber, I must protest this wilful divisiveness within the firearms community." Etc., etc. You don't change people's minds by going away and sulking. First communicate; then, follow with a further communication about the action of cancelling a subscription.

One snail-mail letter is seen to represent the views of around 300 people. Same view is held by the advertisers as well as the publishers.

Silence makes no change.

Art
Art, not sure if your comments are directed at me or not...if not no problem, sometimes it's hard to interpet internet intent. If it was for me, I have not been a long time subscriber and by no means sulking. Not my intent for the topic to head this direction, merely responding to your questions.

While I agree writing to the editor and publisher informs them of customer disapproval and has a place, withholding financial support for their product does the same thing and more.

Like many TV/Radio news outlets, news papers, and/or magazines....they exist to make money. Alienating your market is bad business.....doesn't matter if you're CBS, FOX News, or Field & Stream. As a consumer I choose to support publications that are in line with my beliefs. David Petzal drew the rath of the NRA and gun community down on himself in 1994....comments like his are never forgotten. While no apology ever came from Petzal, supporting his publication would be tantamount to supporting his beliefs.Message is plain and simple, if you want my money....don't attack the second amendment.

Page generated in 0.03872 seconds with 8 queries