View Single Post
Old January 3, 2019, 07:35 PM   #1
UltralightBob

Lightest Glock Mods

I would like to build the lightest (but still functional) glock possible. Should I start with an existing pistol... or build one from scratch with an aftermarket slide and frame?

End pistol will shoot 40S&W. So, something off of either the G27 or G33 frame/slide size would make sense.

I would intend on putting many hours and rounds through the final product to ensure reliability with my chosen ammo.

Basic Gen 4 Glock 27 weighs 19.40 ounces without a magazine, and 21.34 with a magazine. I would like to shave off 2-3 ounces. (and please don't respond that I should just leave a couple rounds out of the mag...)

What would be the best slide cut design that would still give me the max slide strength, but take off the most weight? (has anyone weighed their slide with and without cuts? know the weight savings?

What spring weight would I want to go to if I am taking slide weight off?

What is the lightest weight RSA option? The "heavier" springs you get from places like LWD actually add about .55 ounces, as they are steel instead of plastic (I'm fine with the plastic rod in the captured gen4 rsa but would want a heavier spring to compensate for the lighter slide)

What kind of weight savings from things like skeletonize firing pins? Other titanium parts that can be swapped in for OEM?

Anyone ever shaved weight off of the mag itself? skeletonized mags?

Which after market barrel options are the lightest? For example, Lone Wolf's look like they are fluted whereas KKM are strait. What is the weight difference between the two?

Thanks for the help

Page generated in 0.03643 seconds with 8 queries