Thread: Success today
View Single Post
Old December 7, 2018, 08:39 PM   #1
musicmatty

Success today -Update Field to table

Ventured out yesterday and then again today in the afternoon up in Pennsylvania as the firearms for deer season ends tomorrow Saturday, December 8. I spotted a Doe approximately 130 yards out. I quickly dropped to my knee and placed The crosshairs of the fixed 4x power Bushnell from my model 94 right on the Doe’s head and dropped her instantly.

After hearing so many rave reviews about the Winchester 150 grain jacketed hollow point cartridge, I decided to give it a try. This cartridge left a big gaping hole as an exit wound out the other side of the Doe’s head. I’ve never seen an exit wound that big with any other cartridge that I’ve used over the last 30 years in this model 94. This cartridge would definitely drop a huge bear in its tracks if it were shot through the head or neck... at a safe distance nonetheless. Needless to say, I’m a firm believer in this cartridge now, as it is nothing short of devastating.

Update-December 9th...
Just enjoyed a delicious venison tenderloin stew from a regular ‘Beef stew recipe I grabbed off the Internet. I’ve attached a couple photos.

Last edited by musicmatty; December 9, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.05724 seconds with 8 queries