View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 06:24 PM   #18
Nathan

Frankly, I can buy by specifications and detailed pictures. Once I define a role for a new gun, I can set specs which will make me happy. Then, if required, I can correct many issues which I might have.

I was once disappointed by a Taurus PT101. I made a mistake thinking I wanted adjustable sights and Taurus put the front dot off center by about 0.01". Otherwise, it was ok and served me well as an SD gun in college. I sold it and slightly regret that.

I bought a model 94 Winchester in 30-30. It never reslly grew on me like my dad thought. Later I sold it for like 2.5 times what I paid for it and bought my first CCW gun a S&W 640 magnaported 357, a favorite still. Still, I wish I hadn't sold it.

I bought a Star Firestar, love the gun, but I really just wanted that gun because I borrowed one in 45 auto during my first CCW class and fell in love with the design and pointability. It sits idle too often because I don't have any desire to CCW it or use for HD. I just shoot it like 40 rounds a year...trouble is, a 17 HMR TC barrel might have gotten more use.

On the other hand, I bought each of my CCW's and can't seem to even cull 1 from the herd...do I really need 5 CCW's?

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries