View Single Post
Old July 12, 2011, 12:20 PM   #12
BigJimP

What gun and why ....and part of the discussion should be whether you want a pump gun as a "field" gun, a clay target gun, a defensive gun or as a Tactical - Fighting gun ...or maybe some combination of one or more uses....

Personally, I have no need of a shotgun for a tactical or a primary defensive weapon.../ if, I need something for defense, I'll depend on my 1911 in .45acp...

but I think intended usage - affects this inquiry a lot.

I'll also share that a number of my youngest sons buddies ( guys in their late 20's and early 30's ) have all bought Remington or Mossberg tactical, short barreled, pump guns with fixed open cyclinder chokes - extended mags, etc. Most of them - when the guns were first purchased - put 5 or 6 boxes of shells thru them/ some of them put a few boxes of "00 Buck" or slugs thru them ...and only in this limited sample, because I ask when I see them - they like to talk guns - none of them have fired those guns in well over 3 yrs ...because they aren't that much fun....

the fun in shotgunning ...for many of us ...is in clay targets ...

I do go to a tactical shooting class once a yr or so -- for 2 or 3 days ---but its always based on one of my handguns ( usually a 1911 / sometimes a revolver ...). But everybody in the gun hobby - has different interests / different tactical experience / some of us "old dogs" have been doing this a long time and have a lot of shotguns and other guns ...some guys are just getting into this or back into this hobby ...

So lots of reasons for various choices...

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 8 queries