View Single Post
Old May 10, 2005, 08:42 PM   #31
Dwight55

A lot of my life would bore the socks off most of you: double check all doors before going to bed, turn on individual door alarms (cheap battery screechers), unplug cell & turn on & unlock, lay cell where I can see the little blinking led all nite long, . . . put 1911 in exact same place on nite stand every nite and in exact same position.

Try to get corner booth/table at all eateries, take a wall seat if corner unavailable.

Never wear glove on shooting hand or if one is on, . . . the kind that shucks off with a flip of the wrist.

1911, cell phone, 2 extra mags whenever I leave the premises if at all possible.

Carry everything in left hand, right always empty if at all possible.

Threat scan 360 basically every time I go out any door or exit any vehicle.

There are areas of certain towns, cities, I refuse to go into: period!

Use the drive in teller rather than going inside the bank.

Keep all doors locked on your vehicle, even if the window is rolled down.

I can go on and on: idea is to get into a series of good habits, so you have the plan working, . . . now, . . . for you, . . . and you do it without thinking.

At first you think everyone is thinking you are paranoid that the booger-man is after you, . . . but after a while, . . . it becomes common place and it is as natural as anything to do them.

The idea behind the whole thing: see trouble coming before it gets to you. Know where the possible threat may come from, . . . and don't go there or don't put yourself in the situation where you can be a victim.

My system is more prevention, first, . . . awareness, second, . . . and then I will have to rely on the training and practice I have put into it. Hopefully the first two will preclude the third from arriving.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries