View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 01:14 PM   #151
klyph3

Mike, comparing an lcr to a g20 to make your point is a bit ridiculous. I could compare an lcp to a S&W .500 and compare the weight of just the barrel and cylinder to the entire polymer gun. If this thread is about the merits of the design in a general sense, we must speak generally rather than compare the largest of one to the smallest of the other. You keep clamoring for empirical data, but the little bit you've provided is pretty obviously skewed.
Revolvers have interchangeable grips, so do autos, yes people's hands are different sizes. Some high capacity autos have large grips, some high power revolvers have large grips, people with small hands won't like either. As far as weight distribution in the hand, yes autos are better. The forward weight of the revolver mitigating recoil is countered by it's high bore axis. The lower bore axis of an auto means less muzzle flip, though the recoil is sharper due to it's lighter forward weight (Here's where you compare the chiappa rhino to some outlyer auto to prove me wrong). I don't think that necessarily creates a definitive advantage for either, but in my experience, the revolvers DA trigger and forward heavy design results in more hand fatigue faster than a poly auto.
As far as mechanical complexity, yes revolvers are more complex.

You are massively oversimplifying what happens when you pull the trigger on your revolver.

Page generated in 0.02972 seconds with 8 queries