View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012, 01:52 AM   #10
NWPilgrim

I have the Wilson, Possum Hollow, and Lee. They all work well. PH is probably the most cost effective and fastest but hard to find in stock. But it seems the best design for adapting to a cordless drill.

Lee is the cheapest and easy to find locally and online. Only down side is you have to screw/unscrew the base on to each case, and it is a fixed length. Simpler and will meet most needs.

Wilson is the most expensive but very easy to adjust in tiny increments to exactly the length you want. You can go through cases quickly but hand cranked. I was not satisfied with the power adaptor. Since it is adjustable it takes the most time to switch between cartridges. PH is a separate trimmer for each cartridge family and indexes off the shoulder. Wilson and Lee are absolute total length indexes.

I waited a looooong time to get a couple of PH trimmers. In the meantime i bought the wilson and several case holders. Later I got several Lee trimmers. If I have 50 or more cases to trim I set up the Wilson. If I have just a handful to trim I use a Lee trimmer/gauge. For the two cartridges I have PH trimmers I just use them.

Page generated in 0.03259 seconds with 8 queries