View Single Post
Old December 23, 2009, 09:32 AM   #81
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrain
But leaving aside that minor problem, the crux of the matter is the increased handling required when the pistol is carried with a cartridge chambered. That is, unless your pistol is continuously carried day and night, and is left in the same state but suitably secured when you sleep. But for those who might carry only sometimes and do not carry their gun at home, then frequent chambering and unloading simply increases the possibility of something going wrong.
This is absolutely God's Own Truth. People shouldn't diddle with their CCW pistols so much; all that chambering and unchambering and fiddling is just a big ol' invitation to disaster. "Cold Ranges" are just as bad: I am of a firm conviction that more unexpected loud noises have been caused by excessive administrative fiddle-farting around with guns to show that they're "safe" than have ever been caused by people wandering about with loaded guns safely holstered.

Load the gun. Put the gun on. Leave it on and leave it loaded if at all possible. If someone's lifestyle causes them to have to go into a lot of victim disarmament zones, they should consider carrying in a holster that allows them to remove the gun and holster as a unit.

I put mine on in the morning and take it off at night, and the round that's in the chamber has been there since last time I left a cold range.

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries