View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 06:53 PM   #141
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarksman
Was the idea that one might fire at something he cannot see?
First of all, it is worth noting that the person clearing has the exact same light conditions as the BG. Second of all, you can wait to turn on a flashlight (highly recommended for clearing a house) until you are near the guy. Even a weak flashlight shine in the face in a dark environment can be very disorientating. Also, do you have no natural night vision? Again, I would like to stress that you are in the same light conditions as the BG. I was just making the point that you don't have to flash your lights or slam doors when you clear a house. There is a big difference between that and shooting blind or not IDing your target. Also, you should be able to tell about where the BG is based on the noise he made/is making (remember that that is the noise that you are in the process of investigating). You are not clumsily wandering around your house hollering around and slamming doors and flashing lights (sounds like the activity of a drunk man ). If you can't tell where the BG is based on noise, wait until you can before you move, although that time may not be available if you are trying to get to your kids. Listen outside a room for a moment before you enter, while watching to make sure he's not sneaking up on you (I don't know, I think that this is fairly basic stuff). I'm not saying that anybody should clear their house when they hear a noise, and I certainly wouldn't, I'm just saying that people with children would have an obligation to clear some of their house (the area between their room and their children's room) in order to get the whole family in one room where it can be easily defended. Just trying to say that it is not impossible, though it is highly risky, to clear rooms for those who have an obligation to.

Page generated in 0.03844 seconds with 8 queries