Thread: This bugs me
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2006, 02:06 AM   #10
GodblessAmerica

RobP,
I'm with you on the lack of situational awareness amongst family members even though we've discussed this many times before. My wife recently had the shtuff scared out of her by 4-6 young punks converging on her,one of our church friends and her son when they left practice late one evening (short detail, none of they good guys/girls were hurt here, prob. only due to the fact that the 20 yr old son recognized the threats and prepared defense for all...) Despite that experience, last time I took her to the store for a few groceries, she went in ( I stayed in SUV w/ babies asleep), and saw that when she came out she was carrying the two light weight plastic grocery bags with her head down and turned a little to the side, looking exactly as I envision folks in NYC, SF, Richmond, etc. do to avoid eye contact and "trouble". Victims in the making in other words. Admittedly, she was born in Long Island, but has since lived in Florida, Idaho, and TN, all "we're not gonna take this" states. :cool
I do think Talon66 is correct though, in that you cannot always expect everyone (in your family) to live up to your expectations. Just hope and pray that they do when it really matters. One thing I have learned is that families function waaaayyy differently than your best friends in your team, squad or platoon when the balloon goes up.

Page generated in 0.03413 seconds with 8 queries