View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 06:03 AM   #41
Bartholomew Roberts

Well, then... maybe some of those who “know what they are saying” can tell us their experiences with pocket carry - what works, what didn’t, the type of gear they were using, and the specific types of problems they encountered.

I think we all agree that standing around with your strong hand in your pocket can be fairly dangerous if someone is close enough to hit/grapple you. And that the speed advantage is only there if you can assume a master grip covertly, so it isn’t a great solution for being surprised. However, say if you were a clerk working behind a convenience store counter, where you have a barrier between you and the public and you see some suspicious people come in, pocket carry lets you assume a master grip quietly and a socially acceptable way. Customers might well wonder what you have in your pocketses but they are unlikely to react the same way as if you grabbed the butt of an OWB/IWB rig and stood there.

However, it would be great if people shared their knowledge instead of their opinion, since as TFL regularly demonstrates, we offen form different opinions based on the same experience. Describing the experience that helped you form the opinion is more useful than just sharing the opinion.

If my only experience with pocket carry was using the same pistol and holster( but wearing the Duluth Armachillo shorts instead of the Fire Hose, I’d have a completely different opinion because that combo is unworkable for me. It’s not even fast when you start with your hand on the pistol because you can’t get the pistol out. If I tried it with sweat pants I’d think sagging and zero retention.

But I’d love to hear experiences, even the bad ones help others from repeating that same set of mistakes.

Page generated in 0.03774 seconds with 8 queries