View Single Post
Old September 27, 2020, 12:53 PM   #37
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American… [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.”, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
– Tench Coxe
lets look at that first part again, specifically this...
Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American,... Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
– Tench Coxe

Now, one can argue that "weapons of war do not belong on our streets", and in principle, I agree with that, PROVIDED, it goes along with the recognition that it is our fundamental right to have "weapons of war" in our homes, and at need, in our hands.

Our problem is that while we all agree about criminal use of arms being bad, some people believe arms should not be permitted (so that no criminal use can happen) and others of us think they not only should be permitted, but it is our duty to possess them, for lawful purposes.

My personal view is that we should permanently lock up or execute those people who kill others for fun or profit, and the govt should leave the rest of us the hell alone.

But, that's just me...

Page generated in 0.03639 seconds with 8 queries