View Single Post
Old February 20, 2014, 12:26 PM   #6
rmantoo

In USPSA when there are multiple targets arrayed together, by the time I get to the 2nd (or 3rd) target I have seen my first shots in peripheral vision... and most of the time, if I see a B or C, I will place a 3rd shot on the first target... doesn't always work, and I realize it takes me another second or 2, but overall, my goals in USPSA at this point in my 'career' (lol, like the way I shoot and 'compete' could ever have the potential for a job? not) are more about getting as many A's as possible than speed. Part of my own-perhaps incorrect- strategy for long-term growth is that I try to do whatever it takes to make A's happen, no matter what. If that costs me time, so be it.

I am not at the point where I can always, reliably call my shots. Most of the time, yes, but not always. Therefore, when I realize that I didn't place a shot correctly, whether it's because I knew I pulled it, or because I saw the result, I go back and shoot another (unless it's Virgina count rules, of course), taking whatever time it takes to make the shot correctly.

If I couldn't see my shots on the close targets (my local matches rarely have targets beyond 50') and I were shooting 9mm, I'd definitely want to step up to .45.

Page generated in 0.02993 seconds with 8 queries