View Single Post
Old May 6, 2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Gmony.308

Quote:
Agree with what you say except for this. Again it implies that one aspires to move up to a higher level
I'm not in disagreement with your initial comments or this, except to say that every person I've ever worked with I started out on a .22LR. That makes it an entry level piece (Meets the requirements or entering into the sport of shooting). That does not devalue it as a competitive rifle or a hunting caliber.
BTW I personally despise the .223 and the NATO 5.56 (personal opinion). Yes they have killing potential but they are essentially a wounding round in the hands of military equipped personnel.

Quote:
Just think how accurate you could be if you had a real target rifle, say something like a Winchester 52

That is so comical, I believe I've already discussed that! My groupings were from sitting, not bench rest. LOL!!!

entry level example: When I wanted to start hunting deer with a handgun I started (entered the sport) using a Ruger .44mag, in the field I discovered that cocking the hammer spooked the deer every time (they could hear the mechanism clicks). So, I traded it out and moved into a Thompson Contender .357 Herret, Eventually I settled on an Encore .308 and I've been shooting it for about 7yrs. Case in point the Ruger black hawk was my entry level weapon.

Last edited by Gmony.308; May 6, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.03635 seconds with 8 queries