Thread: Reloading times
View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 02:36 PM   #13
BigJimP

I get tired of sitting...after an hour or so ....

....but I'm using progressive, auto indexing, presses for handgun ammo and shotshells.....so its really easy to get about 800 rds an hour off of any of my presses.

I shoot about 500 handgun rounds a week...and about 200 shotshells a week...so keeping an inventory with only an hour here or there...is not that big a deal. No little kids living in my house anymore ...so my presses are permanently setup and ready to roll, in my shop.

I was bored this am before I came to the office ...so I loaded about 250 rds of .357 mag on my press in 15 or 20 min...listening to the radio..../ case gagued everything and boxed it up ( I shot 5 boxes on Sat / so just replenishing the inventory). I usually keep 10 - 50 boxes, per caliber, in inventory ...

I have about 40 boxes of .357 mag in inventory ....and I noticed this AM, I'm down to about 12 boxes of 9mm....so I'll get the press cleaned up and lubed, and converted to 9mm this week, and run 40 or 50 boxes of 9mm in 3 or 4 hours this week.../ so I don't need to spend half a day reloading...just an hour or so here and there...

Page generated in 0.01899 seconds with 8 queries