View Single Post
Old August 21, 2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Firefighter88

I'm not sure the type of leather sling I have, it's been around awhile and is kinda worn out. It's leather, has two holes with a piece with two hooks that go into holes to keep it in one place like a belt. Well one day hunting the loop that holds the hook in place slid down and hook came loose, causing the strap to detach from the top of my old Remington 742, followed by cuss words as the barrel hit the ground. Just tossing around whether or not to invest in new sling for my new gun, or fix old sling so it doesn't come loose. I kinda want a new sling that stays with the gun if I ever pass it down someday.

Creeper, I'm not opposed to spending that kind of dough on a sling if its durable, and functional, as well as idiot proof. I've used slings in the past mainly to carry the rifle, but I'm starting to learn they have many other functions. I know they aren't that complicated, just want one that can't come loose and put my new rifle on the ground.

Thanks for the options, gonna take a look at what yall have so far and see what I like. I think I need to go to an outdoor store and see some in person though before I jump on one. Thanks, again, for the help.

Page generated in 0.03801 seconds with 8 queries