View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 07:16 PM   #5
jlb43

Do you think maybe some of these bidders might be hoping for "a diamond in the rough" so to speak?

Has anyone ever seen an Italian 1860 Army sell for more than a NIB Colt 2nd or 3rd generation version? The letter simply said there was a gun made with that serial number and the date it was shipped. I am trying to understand how that affected the value of a non Colt copy.

I had RIA send me some pictures of the Paterson prior to the auction and it looked like it could have been a true old timer except the grip shape was considerably different from any pictures of originals I have ever seen and the engraving seemed too crisp for a gun that old. It was much more like a modern day reproduction which is exactly what RIA said it was.

I happen to be hooked on Patersons so I looked around on line and I did find an engraved Paterson replica that sold at auction in 2005 for $2,995.00. It was described as "a fine reproduction probably by Replica Arms in the 50's intended to deceive". The picture was just a thumbnail so I could not see the actual gun.

Maybe there is hope for us replica collectors after all.

Page generated in 0.03731 seconds with 8 queries