View Single Post
Old April 22, 2010, 10:24 PM   #107
GM1967

Most of my guns are unloaded and locked up. Can't have a dog where I live, which sucks.

I have a S&W 4516 in my nightstand. It has an empty mag in it, and a loaded mag in the drawer. It would take me a few seconds to dump the mag, insert the loaded one and rack the slide.

Since the apartment is fairly small, and anyone who knew this apartment complex could get to the master bedroom in seconds if they were determined, I have other weapons I could use as a back up.

My Cold Steel warhammer is on my side of the bed next to the nightstand.

Also have a few walking sticks and a Paul Chen practical katana in the bedroom handy. The katana will almost certainly cut off a man's arm or head with a decent swing. In the hallway it would probably have to be used to thrust due to tight quarters. Good luck grabbing it out of my hands -- you'd lose a lot of fingers.

I also have a couple knives -- SOG Tigershark, Cold Steel SRK, Cold Steel kukri machete -- but don't keep them immediately accessible, they are in the closet.

I have a Streamlight on my nightstand (being able to produce light immediately even in a power failure is always a good thing). It's not quite as bright as my Surefire, but it does have 500 times the battery life (500 hours as opposed to 1 hour)

I'm actually surprised at some people on this thread making derisive comments about owning swords and other melee weapons. If someone suggested you were wrong for owning a collection of guns, how would you feel? Some people also like to collect other weapons as well.

Page generated in 0.04930 seconds with 8 queries