View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 08:10 PM   #7
BigJimP

DJ's often beats Kesselrings prices ....but if you're really serous you need to go down there / not get prices over the phone. Get a firm price / give them 50% down or whatever ... They are way too busy / sell dozens of guns every day .....and way too many phone calls from "shoppers" not buyers although they try hard.

Nothing wrong with Kesselrings / I just like the owners at DJ's better ( its a family business ).

The old sportsman's warehouse is still getting their act together / but I agree stay out of Discount Guns. But buy from the guys you like / you're only going to find $ 20 - $ 30 difference in the same gun .....at the most and with gas at $ 3 a gallon .....

I like the Browning / my 2nd choice on a pump would be the Benelli with the comfort tech system in it / and a close 3rd for the 870. I like the bottom ejection of the Browning BPS, the safety on top of the tang ...and you're right, if you go synthetic, you have to go to the Stalker and its a little more because its a 3 1/2" chamber ( which you don't need in my opinion ).

No matter what / buy what you want. I still have the 2 BPS's I bought in late 70's ( a 12ga and a 20ga ) and I'll never sell them even though I have some very fancy Browning O/U's that I shoot most of the time now.

Take care. Gun Shows in Puyallup and Monroe are a waste for any decent shotguns by the way. But you can't buy a gun at the show either / unless you join Wash Arms Collectors / but I recommend you do that - its a good group.

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries