View Single Post
Old August 29, 2009, 04:51 AM   #1
CharlieGirl

Winchester Marine Stainless?

Dear all, I rely on your indulgence in this post: I joined this forum to solicit your advice about this shotgun. Knowing very little about guns, it's difficult to research online because all of information I find seems like code to me! You guys know your stuff so I figured you'd be the ones to ask.

Here's what I have:
Winchester Stainless Marine Slide-Action Shotgun (12-gauge, 18" bright finish, 2 3/4" - 3" chamber)

I've had the gun for 20 years (given to me by my ex when we divorced) and have never shot it since. My husband showed me how to use it way back when he bought it but it's only been fired a few times.

Would you be so kind as to weigh in? Should I sell it or keep it... as an investment? If I haven't used it in 20 years, I don't suppose I ever will! Does one keep a firearm as an investment??

If I decide to sell it, what's the best way to go about doing that? It appears that I would need to contact a dealer, correct? What about going to a gun show? Does one just walk in carrying a boxed shotgun and wander around looking for buyers??!

I hope you guys (and ladies) don't mind these completely imbecile questions on your forum, and thanks very much for any feedback you can give me.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlottesville VA

Page generated in 0.02667 seconds with 8 queries