View Single Post
Old April 15, 2009, 10:42 PM   #28
MrSardonicus

I went to the TEA party here in my town today. I saw a number of folks carrying not necessarily open, but not so concealed either. I had my CC side-arm just as I always do. Everyone was quite at home with it, but then that's the type of community I live in. After the main speakers were through, we had an "open mike" time they affectionately called "Speak your Peace" after the local morning talk show, and one of the first gents to get up and talk was open carrying and the first words he spoke were "I'll let my piece speak for me." The crowd ate it up...laughter and applause. I did think long and hard before I carried my PPK to the event, but in the end I did take it. For me it came down to the basic reasons I carry all the time. I just made sure I was extra attentive to the tenor of the crowd and paid close attention to my surroundings. Again, it all comes down to the local, state, and federal laws and your personal judgment.

Last edited by MrSardonicus; April 15, 2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: grammar

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 8 queries