Thread: A little vent
View Single Post
Old January 3, 2002, 11:56 PM   #10
K80Geoff

I am far from being a "Yuppie". But I get much pleasure from my expensive gun.

And I do not own it because I am impressed with my money. Because I am not wealthy, drive a clunker with almost 200,000 mi and rarely take vacations or go out to eat. (don't have any kids in college either)

I just Happen to like well made finely tuned guns, and am willing to give up things to own one. This is the USA, and we are supposedly free to pursue happiness in out own way. Mine just happens to be shooting my O/U.

So I have to put up with the "slings and Arrows" from guys who are upset because my gun costs more than theirs.

I have lots of fun watching the guys who try to put my gun down when their gas guns jam up in the middle of the shoot. Because I know the guys who carp the most about my K80 are the ones who secretly wish they had one.

BTW, It took me 3 years to pay for it. But if your are not too much of a "cheap gun snob" I'll let you shoot it

Yes guys have outshot me with junk guns, as well as 870's and Benellis. Just means they were better shots than I am.

But then I have outshot guys shooting Walther and Pardini .22 target guns with my ruger MK2. Do I wish I had a Hammerli, ....Yes I do!

Page generated in 0.03785 seconds with 8 queries