View Single Post
Old November 21, 2007, 07:23 AM   #8
ShipWreck

I used a $35 bore laser to sight mine in. But, if you have front and rear sights that co-witness, you could use that to get you started. Chance are, you are going to have to fine tune the adjustments at the range.

I used the boresighter, went outside at night, and estimated 50 yards. I sighted the EOtech to match the laser.

When I went to the range, it was close. Saved me a lot of rounds because it started on the paper immediately. It was 4 inches high at 10 oclock. But, that's okay. I then manually adjusted the Eotech screws as I kept shooting, and I was zeroed in after a few more shots.

Be aware of 2 things. The Eotech is projected to infinity. If your long distance eyesight is not good, the eotech will be fuzzy. And, it will be even worse if you have an astigmatism (if you have either of these problems, then U will want a regular red dot, not the EOtech). Also, many people who get a new Eotech look at the reticle and say it is "fuzzy." This is common, as you will soon learn that you don't look AT the reticle. You look thru the EOtech and at your target. When U focus on the target, the Eotech is clear. If you focus on the reticle, it will seem like it is slightly fuzzy.

I had the same issue with that when I first got mine in Dec. But U get used to using it after a while.

As for the model... Either get the 511 (N Battery) or the 512 (AA battery). The two cheapest models that are non NV. Make sure to get revision F - it has longer battery life.

Last edited by ShipWreck; November 21, 2007 at 03:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries