View Single Post
Old August 5, 2017, 10:13 AM   #1
Loronzo

M249 SAW Tips (Military)

Hello all. I was switched from the M4 to the M249 SAW. I've qualified with both in the past two weeks but the SAW was not pretty, barely a go. I did great on the paper qual but it did not translate to the pop ups very well. I hadn't handled one since Basic.

I downloaded the TM and have began reading it to help but was looking to see if anybody with more experience had any not listed tips or tricks. I'm planning ahead now because my next qual (hopefully) I'll be looking at that weapons card for much needed Promotion Points.

Also with the three hole bipod, what settings do you use? I'm 5 10 so I used the middle for the paper and lowest for the pop ups due to being elevated on the lane.

I also had vision surgery since my last qual so not sure if that would make a difference but the way the sights look are different and being able to see the targets either they or the front sight is blurry never had that issue before. (Seeing 20/15 now, yay!)

Since it's actually mine now I cleaned the living hell out of it before turn in. It wasn't pretty... that may of been a small part of it but not gonna make excuses just want to correct my defiencies.

Thanks in advance for your assistance guys. Worst case I may break down and ask Top for help but don't wanna go that route if I don't have to, haha.

Last edited by Loronzo; August 5, 2017 at 07:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries