View Single Post
Old February 3, 2017, 07:40 PM   #9
bodrika

My first revolver was a Tauras 7-shot 357 mag titanium. For a year I practiced single-action only, then when I got good at that, started doing double-action. I started having 3 out of 7 light primer strikes consistently. Taurus wanted me to pay shipping, which would have been about $60. I tried to find a local gunsmith but nobody was willing to touch a Taurus. I finally got my FFL to ship it for $15.

It came back with the same problem. I was at the range and the guy next to me also had a Taurus. I asked him if he'd ever had any problems. He said no, it's worked perfectly. I asked if he ever fired his double-action. He kind of shrugged, then tried using double-action. He had 2 out of 5 light primer strikes.

This time, the Taurus guy on the phone must have been in a good mood as he sent me a shipping label. It went back, came back, and I sold it off with full disclosure.

I bought a Ruger to replace it. The fit and function of the Ruger made the Taurus look and feel like a cheap toy. Consider the recent recall of about a million Taurus handguns. They had a semi-automatic and an automatic setting – for the automatic setting all you had to do was drop them.

I have a lot of Brazilian friends. Great guys, lots of fun, but they are not precision people. They are never even remotely on time. Just look at what problems Brazil had with the Olympics. They are also one of the few nations with an aircraft carrier, but in the fifteen or so years they've had it, it's only spent a few months at sea as they just can't get it running right. They are not a technical nation. The next time I see the words “Made in Brazil”, I’m walking away.

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries