View Single Post
Old February 14, 2010, 06:32 PM   #7
arizona98tj

I have a Benelli SuperNova (pump) and have ran several thousand rounds through it, including bird, buck and slugs. It has gone with me to a couple of tactical shotgun courses at Front Sight. I've spent a lot of time with it on the local range running the same course of fire we use to qualify at Front Sight. I'm as comfortable with that gun as I've been with any over the past 40+ years of shooting.

A couple of months ago, I picked up a FNH SLP Mark 1 (22" barrel w/ an 8 round mag). Since getting it, I've had three serious range sessions with it, again, running the same FS drills. I've already comfortably trimmed .5~.75 seconds off of the 4 target engagement drill. And I can honestly say I am not use to the SLP yet....it's all different compared to running a pump and doing emergency reloads, select slug, etc. Each trip to the range gets a little better and faster.

There is, IMO, such a big difference between the two....and I'm loving every minute with the FNH. After my buddy test drove mine for 5 minutes at the range, he found a good deal on a Winchester SX2 and joined the club.

Page generated in 0.02350 seconds with 8 queries