View Single Post
Old July 27, 2019, 03:09 PM   #20
AK103K

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Hard to quantify feeling safe.

One guy carries a full size Glock with reloads and a snubbie on his ankle. Another carries the snubbie and is perfectly content. Hopefully neither will need it!

When asked "if you knew you'd get attacked today, what gun would you bring?" I've answered "none, cuz I'm staying home!"
I always ask where you get the Magic 8 Balls that tell you what youll need and when, but no one seems to want to give that up.

I carry a second gun on a pretty regular basis, and for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, sometimes I need to leave my 17 in the car at work, due to what Im doing that day, and the 26 is always there regardless.

Other times, if we are going somewhere or travel through someplace thats a bit sketchy, Ill have the 26 along as well. My wife, and a couple of my buddies seem to prefer not to carry, and it gives options if need be. No big deal having it, but it could be second shooter if it were needed. It can also be a second 17 with a simple and quick mag change.

It also makes it easier driving sometimes to have a second gun in a place thats easier and/or less obvious to access. These days, I find AIWB tends to negate that, but it still works.

In the winter, plowing snow, a second gun in a shoulder holster is handy. Its about the only time Id use or consider a shoulder holster, but it works well in that case. Ive had more altercations at night plowing snow, than pretty much anything else. For some reason, that really brings the nut jobs out!

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries