View Single Post
Old December 11, 2013, 08:55 PM   #7
old roper

Friend of mine is retired Brand Inspector out of Pueblo and we do lot of PD shooting mostly south of 50 out to Fowler he live on the Mesa.

Lot of those ranches get hunted pretty hard for pd/coyotes and big key is water ponds/tanks and this year been pretty dry got some late rain and that help.

Also lot of those rancher some of the older ones kids aren't interest so they sell their water/ditch right worth more than the land is.

It's long range shooting some of the ranches others can get closer. First year I hunted antelope after moving here 1977 was east of the Co Springs place called Yorder. I took 243 also 7mag wind was blowing so hard I could of used a 50 but got my buck with 7mag and was good one and have him mounted.

I got a ranch now out by La Junta got some high ground and it's good for LR and only two of us that hunt it. I hunted around Kim for couple years seem to get more coyotes than antelope.

Early years I use to hunt along fence line but I always hunted Oct first rifle antelope buck tag and I still do if I get drawn and didn't this year. I'm with Chaz88 that meat stinks good for sausage mixed with pork they are what they eat.

Sounds like you had good time
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02795 seconds with 8 queries