View Single Post
Old July 24, 2013, 06:34 PM   #3
bedbugbilly

Congrats Bill! That looks like a nice one and we will all be awaiting your thoughts on it after it arrives!

Sounds to me like you need to get your "wish list" in order. But then again, it would be a lot more fun to take index cards, write your desire on them and then just shuffle 'em to see what you're gonna get next.

I had a .62 pocket police at one time - a neat little revolver. For some reason, I have a hankering for a pocket navy on the smaller frame. I'd also like a '49 but don't know if that thought is just a passing fancy or whether I'd shoot it a lot.

Personally I've never liked "shiny guns" (stainless or plated) but I know a lot of folks do. I have a Euroarms Rogers and Spencer (blued). Over the years, I've had the opportunity to handle and look at a number of originals so when I had the opportunity to pick one up, I did. It was "used" but never shot, new in the box and never out of the original wrapper. I bought it, or should say, stole it, sight unseen and it just proved that there are a lot of good C & Bs out there that can be bought reasonably. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it but after shooting it, I find it's a really nice revolver - no regrets in regards to buying it!

Glad you finally snagged your rifle you wanted . . looks like it will be a lot of fun!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries