View Single Post
Old July 21, 2011, 03:42 AM   #4
SteelChickenShooter

I'm different and can only say this: My 6 inch barrel model 617 cries out to be fired using only the open iron factory sights. There are many good choices in handguns that have a rail for mounting optics. And I do use those. Buy yourself a S&W 22A, a Buckmark Hunter, or Neos and have a blast with choices of optics. Make yourself pages of 1/5 scale black animals such as chickens, pigs, turkeys, and rams. Set them up at 5,10,15,20 yards or even beyond. Use the auto-loaders with optics. Have a good time shooting against friends and family. Maximum points for ten shots at 4 animals is 40. Then take out a 10-shot model 617 using factory sights and shoot again. We do this. A stainless steel 6 inch model 617 in 10-round is not cheap. But the guys sure do enjoy it when I hand it over to them. Yes I do get better scores using a Nikon dot and auto-match type ammo. But I use my revolver to shoot up all the surplus rimfire ammo. And that makes for some variables in target scores. When I'm out with my dad, and the wife's dad, and friends & family. They really do like the S&W 617 with open sights the best. No they don't always hit the best, but they enjoy shooting it the best.

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries