View Single Post
Old July 28, 2016, 06:56 PM   #1
Georgian

Fit/Finish of Stoeger Coachguns

Hey yall, about 8 years back I stumbled upon a Stoeger Coachgun Supreme in nickel finish used at a gunstore, and happily picked it up. I sold it a number of years ago to finance another firearm. I remember it being a solid, nicely finished double, and recently decided to purchase another. Instead of going all nickel again, I decided to go with the two tone, stainless receiver/blued barrel. I purchased it through Buds Gun Shop, and it was delivered yesterday to my local dealer. Upon stopping by the shop this morning, I discovered what should have been a new gun, didn't look so new. The forend showed dings/scratches, etc. as well as the stock. The latch on the forend was sticky and did not want to lock up.

The stock/recoil pad was not mated properly, and I could pull the recoil pad away from the stock with ease. The tip of the barrel had several dings near the choke. I contacted Buds, explained the situation and they are sending a replacement. Oddly enough, I asked if they inspect the guns before shipping, to which I was told they did not. I did advised the customer service rep to have someone inspect the next firearm before shipment. Has anyone else seen this kind of shoddy work from Stoeger or was this just a lemon that no one caught?

God Bless

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries