View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017, 04:58 AM   #9
Tony Z

Thanks one and all. Like most here, I have plenty if firearms-though I buy, I never sell or trade.

What I like about the Rossi is the 94 look and lightweight. What I like about the Marlin is also the styling and more substantial feel. How much use will the guns get? Not nearly as much as I would like to think they would. Like how I like to be surrounded by books, I feel the same about my firearms, antiques and my woodworking tools. Some have other vices, mine are accumulating items, and with some, such as a portion of my Civil War artifacts and veteran memoribilia already at the local historical society museum.

Plinking? I'll be 65 in a few months and plinking for me is simply taking a gun tor a walk in the fields or woods. Takes us all back to when we were 10 or 12, trying to make our way through Teddy Roosevelt's tales of big game hunting, imagining aBoone & Crockett size white tail a few yards off. I could make do with another .22, or one of the existing guns in one of the safes, but that may restrict my tales to my grandsons when they first read Robert Ruark's books about "The Old Man and the Boy".

Ah simpler times! Maybe today, I'll just not go to the office (I own a manufacturing plant) and just go spend the day at our hunting camp (30 miles away). You see, my wife is a middle school teacher and neither of us think we will ever retire, but will do or buy, things we enjoy. But as you approach a certain age, you don't want to force that enjoymeny on the grandkids, but have it nearby for them to enjoy if they want.

But back to the Rossi or Marlin, the Marlin does advertise ability to fire 44 Special, so regardless of which I buy, I will probably reload some lighter loads for it.

Page generated in 0.03638 seconds with 8 queries