View Single Post
Old December 8, 2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Desertfox

I shoot em and I love em! If you hit the shoulder, it should have exploded. I don't expect double lung shots when I hit the shoulder.
I dropped a mule deer last week at 120 yards with a lung/ exit shoulder shot and it dropped at 15 yards. It was quartering away on the trot.
270 WSM with winchester super X 150 Gr. Power-point.

I have used these bullets since I purchased the rifle. This rifle likes these rounds and groups well, so I use em. First mule deer but have harvested many whitetail with this rifle over the last 4 years with good success.
This round has passed thru some boiler room shots but has done good damage and the deer only travel 20-50 yards. Not much of a problem with the blood trail. Those lungs push out a good trail usually.
I think you can expect to pass thru a lung shot with your round also due to the speed of the bullet. If it hits anything hard, it expands the shock well and usually drops in its tracks.
Side note, I like the bullet to stay in the animal. That way it utilizes all the energy of the bullet into the animal. Pass-thru means wasted energy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (280.3 KB, 132 views)

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 9 queries