View Single Post
Old October 10, 2005, 01:11 PM   #39
Severian

this is directed at nobody and everybody in particular

---Though I may disagree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.---

Don't focus on the individual. It is the spirit, the essence of the right that needs championing.

People will never cease to disappoint.

Everyone* has the right to get a license and drive a car. Should they ALL? No.

Everyone has the right to vote. Should they ALL vote? NO,NO,NO.

Everyone has the right to procreate and multiply. Should they ALL? Heck NO.

Everyone has the right to own a gun (and once officially allowed, to CCW). Should EVERYBODY own and/or carry a gun? NO.

The point is...

Everyone has these rights. However, I also answered NO to all the above. It is MY mind, MY opinion, MY standards that "everyone" is held up to.
Luckily, I have no executive power (my Beginner's Benevolent Dictator Kit Mk.I has yet to arrive in the mail) and thus everyone retains these rights.

I also enjoy these rights. I am the greatest driver to sail the streets. My political and dictatorial prowess is uncanny at the very least. My genes are of a stock greater than Nature has ever witnessed. I am a very responsible gun owner.

All kidding aside. I would be very cross indeed if these rights (of which I humbly feel I am qualified for) were to be restricted. It doesnt matter if some dumb-butt drives recklessly, father's 14 felonious seeds, or goes crazy with a gun. It is not right to punish the whole for the mistakes of the dumb.

There are 6+ billion people in the world. How many would you actually trust with a gun? Procreating? Driving? Voting? Truthfully answer that and you'll see that only YOU truly are qualified.

Me, I like my guns. I'll have em till some higher power takes them. Then I'll be powerless and sad.

If you read closely, there's a little sarcasm, a little humor, and a little truth in there.

Take no offence. What do I know, I'm just a dum bass.

*everyone in a loose, not literal sense, please.

Last edited by Severian; October 11, 2005 at 09:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries