View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 06:33 PM   #124
FireForged

Quote:
You think none of that could have broken bones?
Ribs? Ribs can puncture lungs.
Vertebrae? They can sever the cord...
what is possible and what is probable are not the same things. What "could have" happened is speculative and in my estimation, is somewhere below the evidence that I would accept as being "probable". You and I are simply different. Maybe people who have a responsibility to evaluate these things are like me and maybe they are like you.

Quote:
Great, so you can tell me: of those that suffered a similar assault, or even a lesser one, did none of them need surgery or other significant medical intervention? That kind of medical attention necessitated by serious injuries?
In my mind.. serious injury would mean that which is commonly accepted to be life threatening or permanently maiming. If that is the context then I would say that I can recall 1 out of an enormous number.

Quote:
Given the ferocity of the attack, do you really think laying hands on that assailant to "pull him off" would be the best way to a) end the attack and b) not become the next victim yourself
I would say that if a person is not capable of dealing with that level of violence, they should probably stay out of it. Just because they may not be able to rise to the occasion without the aid of a firearm is not really a good excuse in all circumstances. I am not all that keen on getting into the middle of someone elses problems and probably would not have but [if] I had intervened in this one, it would not have been with a gun.

Last edited by FireForged; August 13, 2017 at 06:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries