View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2
jmr40

If you zero your scope at 3X, then attempt to shoot at a higher magnification you could possibly have a small POI change. This is not a problem with quality scopes and is usually only a minor difference with cheap scopes.

I always zero at the longest range I anticipate with my scope at the highest setting. This way i know that even if my scope changes POI at lower powers it will be at close range rather than long range where small errors are magnified.

I also shoot at closer ranges with my scope at lower settngs just to be sure. I've never noted any difference. Of course I don't use cheap scopes either.

I also never use anything but the lowest, and highest magnifications when hunting. I keep mine on the lowest setting almost all the time and almost all my shots are on that setting. If i need more magnification then I have time to adjust. At close range you don't have time to go to a lower power. I can easily take the time to verify zero at 2 settings and not have to worry about any differences in between.

Page generated in 0.03597 seconds with 8 queries