View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 01:53 PM   #21
marklmurray

I carry the G26 and it works pretty well. I carry it AIWB with a tucked in shirt and it does well in both concealment and comfort.

I owned a PF9, but it wasn't reliable enough for me to carry it, so -1 (hopefully this balances some of the +1's this gun has gotten - don't do it.).

For a single stack 9 I'd recommend going with Kahr(CM or PM), Sig(P290), or S&W Shield. I don't own any of these, but I have done a lot of personal research as I'm considering a small single stack 9 (to replace the afore mentioned PF9 that I sold).

If you are amenable to something other than 9mm (well, technically .38 special is 9mm), you might want to consider a S&W 642 or 442 - or a Ruger LCR.

With +P loads, I think they are more than adequate for self defense and concealability is a notch better than even the smallest 9mm's. I carry my 642 either in the pocket or in a SmartCarry when I need really deep concealment. Don't just look at the HxWxD numbers and compare them to the small semi autos. For some reason, the geometry of the 5 shot revolvers seem to carry and conceal better than the flat and squarish semi's.

Page generated in 0.02823 seconds with 8 queries