View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 02:36 AM   #39
10-96

I wasnt all that new to re-loading, but I pulled 2 major boners at once. 1. Don't reload during a major thunderstorm. 2. Don't mix reloading with food and drinks.

I'd gone to fetch a cup of coffee and was just in the motion of sitting down. With my left hand I had grabbed a can of IMR 4895 and at the exact moment my butt hit the seat cushion and I had the can of powder up in front of my face- lightning struck a transformer right outside. I guess the explosion of the transformer made me flinch and fling hot coffee all over me, everything went pitch dark. I was waving my hand in front of my scalded face thinking "Oh my God- I've blown myself up and I've gone blind!" Somewhere in here I got turned over along with the chair when the thought occured to me that I ought to be running, but I couldn't get up because I was tangled up in the chair legs. I launched myself forward and jammed my head square into a wall, but I was free of the chair and running still seemed to be a major priority. So, I was able to stand up, turn 180 degrees, and resume my running game plan. In maybe a step or two, the chair got me again- and down I went again. I don't really know what all happened next, and I didn't come to my senses until I was a mile to a mile and a half down the road. It never occured to me that I'd doused myself with hot coffee and it went dark because the transformer blew. However, I did use the incident as a learning experience and have since ceased drinking anything around my reloading area and I don't reload during thunderstorms.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.02935 seconds with 8 queries