View Single Post
Old November 24, 2011, 09:43 AM   #7
deepcore

I have that unit. It works for me. Not the most powerful unit in the world of course.

My cases get REALLY clean with sonic cleaning. Now, the sonic cleaners I have tried have had only one transducer right in the middle units' tubs. Cleaning action decreases towards the edges of tubs. Nature of the beast. Happens at my work too. I found on the "internets" someone who recommended using a repurposed beaker (I use a repurposed salsa jar) filling it with the cleaning solution, filling sonic cleaner with water, play with how much water you put in the tub, and playing with how high off of the transducer to suspend the jar to get the best cleaning action. I drilled a hole in the top of my jar and used an eye-bolt and nut, used string tied above my cleaner to lower and raise the jar. You can hear the cases vibrate in the jar and I set the height in the water for the loudest vibration I can get. Even see the cases swirl in a circle inside the jar.

For me, this works better that just filling the cleaner with water, solution, and cases, takes forever. Since I need to use more cycles this way and my cleaner automatically shuts off if I use too many cycles close together. So I have to wait for cool down and that takes even longer. With the jar system I find I can get the cases in the jar clean in 1-2 eight min cycles. I can about 20-25 308 cases in my jar.

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries